Our multi-discipline engineering consulting firm, located in Sparta, NJ, is seeking a full time, Water Resource Design Engineer. CP Engineers has forty years of experience in site/civil, water/wastewater, municipal, MEP, and environmental services. We are a progressive, tight-knit company with significant expansion plans. We recently moved into a 7,000 square foot, state-of-the-art office building, outfitted with the latest technology, office equipment and contemporary furniture to better serve the needs of our team and our clients. Our project portfolio includes numerous township and regional clients, some of which have been with our firm for three decades.
Our positive on-boarding process is proven to set you up for success. Our firm embraces the philosophy of servant leadership. Our optional work from home flexibility, on-going training and development processes, competitive salary, regular performance reviews, pay increases, paid time off, and comprehensive employee benefits package has enabled us to enjoy an 85% employee retention rate in the last 15 years.
CP Engineers is a privately held company with a 25-person team. We recognize top-performing employees with a growth mind-set and will look to on-board additional owners in the future who are entrepreneurial and are eager to grow with the firm. CP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Lead the planning and design of water and wastewater process-mechanical projects.
- Conduct engineering analysis: identify the problem, develop and evaluate alternative solutions, and prepare recommendations.
- Prepare models, technical reports, preliminary/detailed design documents, engineering specifications, and perform calculations in support of engineering activities.
- Conduct field investigations to identify project needs and to perform construction inspections.
- Review vendor information to assure compliance with specifications.
- Develop project reports and construction contract specifications.
- Project coordination with various support departments such as Structural, Civil and MEP.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Mentor and train junior level staff.
- Positive attitude, dependable, and committed to meet all assigned project deadlines.
- Willingness to develop competence in a broad array of engineering related tasks.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, organized, and able to successfully multitask.
- 10+ years of water and/or wastewater engineering experience in the consulting field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong computer skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- PE license a plus.
- A valid driver’s license and dependable transportation is required.