Our multi-discipline engineering consulting firm, located in Sparta, NJ, is seeking a full time, professionally licensed in New Jersey, Senior Civil/Municipal Engineer. CP Engineers has forty years of experience in site/civil, water/wastewater, municipal, MEP, and environmental services. We are a progressive, tight-knit company with significant expansion plans. We recently moved into a 7,000 square foot, state-of-the-art office building, outfitted with the latest technology, office equipment and contemporary furniture to better serve the needs of our team and our clients. Our work portfolio you will work on includes numerous township and regional clients, some of which have been with our firm for three decades.
Our positive on-boarding process is proven to set you up for success. Our firm embraces the philosophy of servant leadership. Our optional work from home flexibility, on-going training and development processes, competitive salary, regular performance reviews, pay increases, paid time off, and comprehensive employee benefits package has enabled us to enjoy an 85% employee retention rate in the last 15 years.
CP Engineers is a privately held company with two owners and a 25-person team. Our growth will drive our vision to on-board several new owners who will enjoy an additional stream of revenue based on the success of the firm. CP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- This position reports to the head of the civil/municipal department.
- Client relationship development, project identification, client meetings, proposal input.
- Project Management – manage budgets, schedules, and deliverables, and undertake technical work associated with all or a portion of the civil / municipal services, ensuring all client expectations are exceeded.
- Develop scopes of work, budgets, plans, as well as execution and delivery of projects.
- Work with junior staff on production and assist in their professional development.
- Provide detailed design of various civil projects including municipal, water and sanitary sewer, stormwater, road work and infrastructure upgrades.
- Prepare contract documents suitable for bidding.
- Prepare environmental and land use permit applications and pursue approval.
- Manage and monitor the quality and progress of construction projects.
- Ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved and maintained.
- Participate in related professional associations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- New Jersey Professional Engineer’s license in good standing, and a minimum of 10 years civil engineering experience.
- Experience with land use regulations and permitting in New Jersey is a must.
- Candidates must demonstrate familiarity with site plan and public infrastructure design, the Municipal Land Use Law, preparation of specifications and engineering report writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage design projects, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have flexibility to support time-critical report development and production to meet demanding schedules.
- Strong computer skills are required: MS Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with AutoCAD and MS Project are a plus.
- A valid driver’s license and dependable transportation is required.