Our multi-discipline engineering consulting firm, located in Sparta, NJ, is seeking a full time, MEP Design Engineer – Electrical. CP Engineers has forty years of experience in site/civil, water/wastewater, municipal, MEP, and environmental services. We are a progressive, tight-knit company with significant expansion plans. We recently moved into a 7,000 square foot, state-of-the-art office building, outfitted with the latest technology, office equipment and contemporary furniture to better serve the needs of our team and our clients. Our project portfolio includes numerous municipal and private clients, some of which have been with our firm for three decades.
Our positive on-boarding process is proven to set you up for success. Our firm embraces the philosophy of servant leadership. Our optional work from home flexibility, on-going training and development processes, competitive salary, regular performance reviews, pay increases, paid time off, and comprehensive employee benefits package has enabled us to enjoy an 85% employee retention rate in the last 15 years.
CP Engineers is a privately held company with a 25-person team. We recognize top-performing employees with a growth mind-set and will look to on-board additional owners in the future who are entrepreneurial and are eager to grow with the firm. CP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
The individual will assist in the design of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems for a variety of buildings and process facilities. Responsibilities will include participation in meetings with clients to define project parameters, working with a team of mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers to provide a coordinated and complete design, preparing contract documents suitable for bidding, preparing permit applications, and monitoring the quality and progress of construction projects.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Minimum of five years of MEP design experience and a strong desire to continue to learn both mechanical and electrical design of facility systems.
- Registration in good standing as a Professional Engineer or an Engineer-In-Training (or eligibility to be registered).
- Proficiency in the application of specialized engineering software, particularly AutoCAD and ARCGIS, as well as other related software. Knowledge of AutoCAD should include layers, blocks, external referencing, paper/model space, and annotative dimensioning and annotation.
- High productivity, attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work well in a team environment.
- Candidate should have experience preparing design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Candidate should have experience preparing bid specifications.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and focused on providing the best value for our clients.
- Candidate can expect to participate in field visits and construction inspections through the life of a project.
- Construction industry experience would be beneficial but is not required.
- A valid driver’s license and dependable transportation is required.