Our multi-discipline engineering consulting firm, located in Sparta, NJ, is seeking a full time, Civil/Municipal Project Engineer, professionally licensed (EIT/PE) in New Jersey. CP Engineers has forty years of experience in site/civil, water/wastewater, municipal, MEP, and environmental services. We are a progressive, tight-knit company with significant expansion plans. We recently moved into a 7,000 square foot, state-of-the-art office building, outfitted with the latest technology, office equipment and contemporary furniture to better serve the needs of our team and our clients. Our project portfolio includes numerous township and regional clients, some of which have been with our firm for three decades.
Our positive on-boarding process is proven to set you up for success. Our firm embraces the philosophy of servant leadership. Our optional work from home flexibility, on-going training and development processes, competitive salary, regular performance reviews, pay increases, paid time off, and comprehensive employee benefits package has enabled us to enjoy an 85% employee retention rate in the last 15 years.
CP Engineers is a privately held company with a 25-person team. We recognize top-performing employees with a growth mind-set and will look to on-board additional owners in the future who are entrepreneurial and are eager to grow with the firm. CP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Participation in meetings with clients to define project parameters.
- Develop scopes of work, budgets, plans, as well as execution and delivery of projects.
- Design and execution of projects with all aspects of civil engineering, including, site / land development, municipal, water, sanitary sewer, stormwater, road work, recreation and infrastructure upgrades.
- Work with a team of engineers, staff and sub-contractors to provide a coordinated and complete design of projects.
- Preparation of contract documents suitable for bidding.
- Preparation of environmental and land use permit applications and pursue approvals.
- Monitoring the quality and progress of construction projects (field and office duties).
- Ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved and maintained
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Registration in good standing as an Engineer-In-Training and eligibility to obtain licensure as a Professional Engineer in the State of New Jersey.
- Four (4) to eight (8) years of requisite experience as a civil / municipal engineer.
- Proficiency in the application of specialized design software, particularly Civil 3D, as well as other related software. Knowledge of AutoCAD should include layers, blocks, external referencing, paper/model space, and annotative dimensioning and annotation. Additionally, a familiarity with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel, ArcGIS and MS Project.
- High productivity, attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work well in a dynamic team environment.
- Valid driver’s license with dependable transportation.
- Ability to travel to clients and project site may be required.